Twist offers bleeding-edge DNA synthesis technology that produces the most accurate DNA sequences in the world. Software engineers at Twist use a diverse stack of languages and frameworks to build the interfaces and services that support a dynamic laboratory production pipeline. Our systems manage and coordinate Twist's proprietary synthesis hardware as well as a fleet of industry-standard instruments and the teams of human operators who use them.
Unlike other manufacturing operations, every order is different and every order item is unique, bringing unique challenges. Senior Backend Engineers work on mission-critical systems, in close collaboration with end users, to build the software that helps run our highly customized production pipeline. Senior Backend Engineers have both ownership and impact - creating robust and scalable frameworks that enable Twist to rapidly introduce new products and processes into its operations. You will be encouraged to question the status quo and problem solve issues that directly affect our 24x7 operations.
We are an energetic, focused team of coders and architects who enjoy solving hard problems at the forefront of synthetic biology. Twist's products drive advancements in drug discovery, immunological research, genetic engineering and ultra long-term data storage. We're looking for curious, motivated software developers ready to engage these challenges. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.
Required skills or experience:
- Mastery of object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems
- Passion for software technologies and knowledge of multiple languages and frameworks
- Distributed systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering and minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Python 3, Postgres
- Experience with Micro-service architectures and API development
- Experience in a biotech environment
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Best-in-class benefits including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k
- San Francisco, CA
- Mission Bay / Dog Patch area
- Walking distance from Caltrain (4th and King), free shuttle available from Caltrain
- On KT line, UCSF/Mission Bay stop
- Great views of downtown and the bay
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.