Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We’re seeking an experienced technical lead to join us as we continue our unprecedented growth. Help us lead the effort to build a truly one-of-its-kind software platform for synthetic DNA manufacturing and DNA data storage. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team in one of the most interesting science fields.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Computer science background with 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable full-stack web application experience
- Experience with React, Angular, TypeScript
- Deep experience with backend technologies such as node.js, mongodb, postgres, redis, kafka, python, C#
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux family systems and micro-service deployments
- Strong hands-on coding, design, database, and software architecture
- Great team player who enjoys mentoring and sharing their knowledge
- No biology experience required - but we are looking for someone who loves to learn outside their field
- Since this is a key role you must be based or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Why Twist Bioscience?
- Truly unique mid-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders with a proven market and high growth potential
- Backed by leading biotech investors such as Illumina Ventures, Applied Materials, Paladin Capital Group, and ARCH Venture Partners
- Company culture which values work/life balance, family life, and promotes teamwork
- Passionate, diverse, and inclusive team
- Be part of the future of synthetic biology, one of the defining technologies of the future
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Opportunity to have high impact
- A chance to break from typical software company jobs
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.