Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
The Production Planner will be part of the Operations Team.
The person in the role of production planner will work collaboratively with the Customer Service and Operations teams to efficiently organize and queue custom orders for DNA synthesis, will aggregate orders in MES when all parts are ready to ship and will work with order fulfillment to assure complete orders are aggregated for shipment, for all orders that run through the factory. The person in the Production Planner position will be responsible for creating synthesis plans, capacity balancing and analysis, and coordinating with Production and Logistics Managers for order & shipment to satisfy the promised delivery dates to the customer. The Production Planner will track order progress and will provide CS and key account managers with updates on order status.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prioritizing orders and converting production orders into synthesis plans.
- Tracking order status, monitoring order changes
- Provide CS and key account managers with updates on order status.
- Planning and aggregating orders electronically in MES for the lab to process into shipment planning
- Order sorting/prepping orders for Logistics tea
- Follow-up and close monitoring of exceptions and critical/rush orders
- Proficiency with creating and using spreadsheets, and using Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) to the fullest capabilities
- Monitor key performance indicators for production output
- Must have high energy, demonstrate urgency and fast pace, ability to resolve issues quickly and works well under pressure
- Follow-up and close monitoring of orders across multiple product lines
- Monitor orders through product workflow and assure timely shipment
- Ability to work closely with production personnel to plan and follow-up on product shipment
- Actively drive and participate in continuous improvement activities both in the MES system, as well as related process
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SAP, SFDC, and MES
- Production planning / purchasing / projects / order management background preferred
- Experience in a Life Science company
- Ability to coordinate production planning meetings
- Highly motivated and result-oriented personality with ability to work under pressure
- Motivated team player, positive attitude, excellent initiative and problem solving abilities
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proven Analytical thinker – shows ability to analyze complex and sometimes conflicting data in order to reach logical conclusions. Using data to keep track of order status, order exceptions, triage.
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear communicator, to timely inform the appropriate parties about deviations and delays to the schedule and customer orders.
- Must be able to support 24/7 operations
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.