OmegaFi, part of Togetherwork, is your fraternal organization’s partner for long-term operational success. We help you run your chapter, house corporation, headquarters and foundation with unbeatable efficiency. Our solutions are comprehensive, customer-centered and IT-intense. OmegaFi’s powerful tools enable fraternities and sororities to more effectively bill and collect dues and rent, manage rosters and records, pay bills and employees, file tax returns, build websites, and process payments. Learn more at: https://www.omegafi.com/.
The Software Developer manages web applications including design, development, deployment and maintenance phases to support internal and external business processes and service offerings.
- Build, maintain and modify code for existing business applications to meet new system requirements, debug existing applications, and enhance system usability.
- Work with product team to develop requirements and analyze technical specifications for existing applications and new software developments.
- Adhere to departmental standards for design, documentation and development.
- Monitor and enforce the company's ongoing customer service and quality control efforts by participating in peer code reviews and project management.
- Work closely with the Database team to design and develop models to meet application needs.
- Work with quality assurance resources to ensure development meets requirements for security, usability, and requirements specifications.
- Establish good data stewardship practices to ensure that data is being used ethically and care is taken to enrich and protect data belonging to the company or the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or math-related field; or equivalent of minimum two years relevant job experience.
- Strong understanding of Agile software development.
- Strong understanding of web application interface design, including application layouts and usability studies.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design.
- Ability to manage versioning of production systems, and understanding of how teams work collaboratively using version control, and how to facilitate enterprise level CI/CD used by production teams for proper change management control practices.
- Implement and update automated testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Strong technical documentation skills for creating and developing a shared knowledge base.
- Fundamental knowledge of a web programming language and the stack involved in receiving and responding to web requests.
- Fundamental knowledge of how databases are built, queried, and used for web applications.
- Basic knowledge of the following networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSH, TLS/SSL, FTP/SFTP, LDAP.
- Basic knowledge of Windows & Linux Networking.
- Understanding of web servers: Apache and NGINX
- Frameworks & Concepts: MVC, AJAX, .NET, Laravel, jQuery
- Service Oriented Architecture: REST, SOAP, Identity Federation.
- Git Version Control.
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL.
- Basic knowledge of PCI and SOC compliance.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and math
- Strong communication skills to present highly technical or niche concepts in an approachable and engaging way to non-technical peers. Additionally possesses the skills to address concerns with accuracy or approach in a way that promotes open communication and engagement. Comfort speaking to small or large groups or giving presentations.
- An unquestionable work ethic with the ability to accomplish established goals in a timely manner either independently or as part of a team.
- Experience providing direct training and documentation for adherence to standards as well as promoting consistency and growth.
- Ability to collaborate between teams and with team members to analyze and translate specifications into code as well as communicate impediments when they arise.
Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for a $3,000 employee referral
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $50,000 USD per year