The short & sweet summary.
Twine helps companies like Evernote, Birchbox, and DollarShaveClub make smarter people decisions by using predictive analytics and visualizations that replace their clunky HR systems.
We’re a fast-growing SaaS company - growing 30% month-over-month and backed by industry leaders like Adam Grant, founders of billion dollar companies, and Sand Hill Road VCs.
Now we’re hiring a product designer to build elegant, insightful, and beautiful products using our rich people data. You’ll get the rare chance to create a design system from the foundation up, and have massive impact on our growing product and team. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and for us!) as Twine continues to grow.
What you’ll be doing.
- Build flows, prototypes, and visuals for every stage of product development, from conception to user testing to launch
- Set the highest standards for design at Twine, from defining our high-level style to crafting the details of every visual and interaction
- Become an expert on our users (C-level executives), running interviews and usability testing directly with senior leadership at some of the world’s fastest-growing companies
- Design products that are analytical and qualitative, visualizing employees not just as statistics, but as individuals with unique stories and backgrounds
What you’ve done.
We invest in raw talent and potential over credentials. But regardless of background, we look for demonstrated excellence and high levels of performance:
- 4+ years of experience designing web products (desktop or mobile), ideally data-rich screens and workflows
- Excellent communication of design constraints/decisions to technical and non-technical audiences
- An extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to prototype and iterate quickly in exploring new feature concepts
More about Twine.
Our team: Our CEO, Joseph, spent years immersed in people analytics research and helped found an innovation team at Nike that grew 10X in a year. He’s also an Inc. 30 Under 30 recipient. Our CTO, Nikhil, studied physics & CS at Harvard and has spent a decade building products in data analytics and machine learning.
Our technology: Our data ingestion pipeline (Python/Airflow) captures people data from recruiting and HR platforms and uses it to create valuable analytics and insights for our users. Our web application is built in Django and React/Redux, and we use D3 for advanced data visualizations. We use AWS infrastructure, and SaltStack to streamline dev ops, scaling, and deployment.
- Be intellectually curious and humble. Have an insatiable desire to learn, not to be right. Be a “learn-it-all,” not a know-it-all. Have strong convictions, but listen to and learn from others.
- Believe in exceptional outcomes. Believe that ordinary people can do incredible things with the right attitude and will. Be positive, inspiring, and optimistic. (At the same time, acknowledge the demanding work ethic and drive required for success.)
- Get it done. Focus on rapid learning and execution, and be willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute any way possible. Be indomitably resourceful, drive through obstacles, and deliver on goals.
- Help others be great. Treat your teammates, customers, and partners with respect and kindness. Have positive impact on others in all interactions.
If the role isn’t an exact fit but you’re interested in learning more, send us a thoughtful note! firstname.lastname@example.org