The short & sweet summary.
Twine is one of the world’s fastest growing analytics companies. We enable companies to operate better with data - whether that’s hiring faster, reducing turnover, or finding top performers.
We recently launched with one of the strongest customer logo lineups in SaaS, which includes: Credit Karma, Gainsight, SurveyMonkey, Persado, and many more.
We’re backed by founders of billion dollar companies (MuleSoft, MobileIron), thought leaders in people analytics (Adam Grant), and Sand Hill Road VCs - many of whom have remarked we’re the strongest team in their portfolio.
We’re hiring for ambitious, experienced salespeople as we transition from founder-led sales. You’ll be the unstoppable force that closes (and then builds the foundation to close) our next 1000 customers. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and for us!) as Twine grows.
What you’ll be doing.
- Strategize and be a thought partner to our founder/CEO, working together to test sales messaging, refine our value proposition, and execute our go-to-market strategy.
- As a player/coach, own the full sales cycle all the way to close in your first 6 months, as we build out the broader sales team together.
- Build your book of business as a fearless early salesperson. You won’t be starting from scratch; the founders have validated early product/market fit and closed the first $X00,000K in revenue; you’ll take this to millions. This is the 0-1 phase.
- Spearhead version 2 of our sales playbooks, enabling us to scale as we build a robust sales team.
- Vigorously capture learnings from market and serve as a cross-functional liaison, sharing insights between the customer success, sales, product, and engineering functions.
- Leverage Twine’s powerful network of billion-dollar company founders, executives, and industry leaders to establish connections to new customer accounts.
- Build and grow the team to scale our repeatable sales motion. This is the 1-10M phase.
Who we’re looking for.
To get a crystal-clear sense of what we’re looking for in this hire, read this 2-page article first - it enumerates many of the core attributes required.
That said, we look for raw talent and potential first - almost everything else can be learned quickly.
The key attributes we value in teammates:
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for first place.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job” - you take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
The other stuff:
- Executive presence and relationship-building: you can build meaningful thought partnerships with C-level executives with deep domain expertise.
- Great communicator: you can explain complex concepts in clear, concise language.
- Sales DNA. 5+ years of consistent quota over-attainment, fluidity closing $25k-$100k deals.
- Organized; commitment to excellence: you build systems to make sure nothing important ever slips. You love codifying and sharing your learnings.
- High velocity: you schedule your day down to every 30 minute block, and can crank through a huge volume of work because of your organization.
- Positive and upbeat! We pride ourselves on being optimistic and always finding a way through any challenge. We also enjoy making other people happy.
- Tech savvy: you’re an expert in sales software that will augment your capabilities - from CRMs to sales engagement tools.
- You’re just good: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer.