About the job:
Twilio's Cloud Communication Platform makes communications easy and powerful. With Programmable Voice, builders can create unique communication experiences to make, receive and control voice interactions around the globe. The Programmable Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, conference, voice media, recordings, and transcriptions.
As a Tech Lead for Programmable Voice Recordings, you will be responsible for all technical design, development, deployment and service operations to deliver real-time, highly available, low latency capabilities for next generation internet and on-demand app communications. You will ensure continuous operation at scale to meet high availability goals, focusing on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Experience shipping high-profile developer focused products, and engineering features for security, scalability, & high availability.
- Develop high quality, maintainable Java systems with extensive test coverage. Ensure completion of unit, functional, load, performance and resiliency tests throughout development.
- Experience in Scrum Master role, using Agile process to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices.
- Operate Programmable Voice services based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in AWS environment.
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews as well as mentoring other engineers.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience building complex distributed systems across concerns of reliability, high-availability, performance, scalability, capacity planning, business continuity and automation.
- Experience developing, deploying and scaling production systems with Java
- Experience with modern scripting languages, preferably Python.
- Experience developing with next generation distributed data stores is a plus
- Experience with scalable data pipeline, preferably with one or more of Kafka, Spark, and Elasticsearch
- Can lead team through agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Direct experience with cloud services based on Amazon Web Services or similar.
- Ideally, you have experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
- If you are not experienced in communications, no worries, you can learn. We are seeking engineers who have solved complex problems at scale and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Understanding real-time communications technologies
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST