Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers builders and developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. The serverless platform and product line is needed to extend this vision. We want to empower all customers to quickly and easily build Twilio-powered applications.
About the job:
Twilio wants to change the way that developers and builders at companies (big and small), think about building on Twilio. We want to offer customers a “serverless” way to create Twilio applications. We recently took first steps towards this vision by unveiling Functions at our annual developer conference.Through this approach we want to let customers turn their Twilio business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every builder or developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to own and drive this vision to reality. On this journey, you will enable a vast array of features on the serverless platform; from enabling customers to run pre-built code templates to executing the business logic of a workflow configurator to integrating directly into a customer’s development tool chain so they can manage Twilio application code from their existing workflows to many more.
- Excited (and a little frightened) by the mission, scale, and speed at which we work.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves type.
- You’re able to think about business opportunities, operational issues, and architectural diagrams in the course of a single conversation.
- Intellectually curious and dedicated to turning developers into raving fans.
- Someone who makes the team both productive and fun to work in.
- Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives.
- You have 8+ years of experience in product management.
- You thrive in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- You have experience shipping complex platforms.
- You have real passion for developer productivity.
- Experience in shipping production-grade Cloud / DevOps tools is a plus.
- CS or similar degree is a plus.
- MBA from a top-tier school is a plus.
- No experience in telecoms is required.
- Do you love solving problems? That’s what we want.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. LI-POST