About the job:
Twilio is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to join its global accounting and finance team. Working directly with the Procurement Director, AP Specialist will develop best practices P2P process. This position will take ownership of the accounts payable cycle and related functions.
The desired candidate must be highly analytical and inquisitive with strong attention to detail and should be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment that is extremely demanding and deadline driven. The ideal candidate will love getting “hands on,” yet also see the big picture, be able to communicate articulately, possess very good problem solving skills and is a process-oriented individual who is also flexible and thrives in a demanding startup setting.
- Accurately and efficiently process a high volume of vendor invoices, with a solid understanding of prepaid expenses and fixed assets.
- Manage multiple accounts payable email inboxes.
- Work to resolve vendor invoice and payment inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Review and approve employee expense reports, according to company travel policy.
- Own the “Procure to Pay” accounting cycle by providing support to the FP&A team in regards to Purchase Orders.
- Coordinate weekly ACH and Wire payments for Domestic and International vendors.
- Support the overall accounting team during the month end close process through reconciliations, analysis, journal entries, and other miscellaneous ad-hoc projects.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX, and internal control policies and procedures.
- Help improve processes to drive better efficiencies around procure to pay
- Assist with audit and tax support.
- Oversee one Accounts Payable Specialist in our Dublin office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Previous experience implementing procure to pay system such as Coupa and automating P2P workflow.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Knowledge of GAAP and its applicability to Procure to Pay
- Prior experience in rapidly growing software company is a plus.
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls.
- Tech savvy – Excel ninja a plus!
- Experience with the following systems: Netsuite, Box.com, Expensify, Coupa.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST