The Country Sales Manager, is a newly created senior leadership position responsible for preserving and growing Twilio’s revenue from existing customers and new customer acquisition within the region. This individual will lead a team of inside and field sales AE’s reporting to the head of Twilio’s APAC business and partner with senior leaders across the company to drive revenue growth and increase Twilio’s market share.
- Build, develop and retain a high-performing sales team that cultivates trusted-advisor relationships with our customers and prospects at all levels (developer to c-suite).
- Ownership of and responsibility for revenue from existing client base. Ensure renewals, minimize churn and profitably upsell expanded use while cross selling new use cases into existing accounts, measure and develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast cross-sell, up-sell, and organic revenue growth.
- New customer acquisition; building pipeline, progressing prospects through a consultative sales process, measure and develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast new customer acquisition and revenue.
- Lead the development of a repeatable and scalable customer acquisition and client success methodology.
- Develop and drive the regional planning process for our top strategic accounts and targeted sales territories that results in accelerated revenue growth and return on sales investments.
- As a principal customer advocate for the region, develop strong internal relationships across Twilio including; marketing, product development, support, finance, and the extended sales organization to solidify our partnership with and commitment to our Australia customers. Ensure customer objectives are met and all account issues are quickly resolved.
- Drive use of product, support, sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to provide strong analytics and solid visibility in your team’s execution.
- Working with Twilio product teams, roll out new products, pricing, and services across Australia.
To Be Considered, You Need
- 10+ years of technology sales experience and 2+ years in leadership capacity where you have built and/or scaled a team in region.
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance.
- Proven track record of successfully building and growing revenue/teams for technical solutions and expanding customer relationships to new departments and c-suite.
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Brings data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting.
- Model our core values and attributes; invest in the success of your team, and create a meaningful experience for people.
- World-class interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills
- Strong negotiation and pricing strategy skills
- Project management, planning and organization skills
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent.
- Bonuses -- experience with any or all of the following:
- Managing P&L of a country / region
- Communications technology
- Developer driven customer relationships
- Enterprise customers
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST