About the Job:
Twilio is on a mission to fuel the future of communications. This future is sold by our Go-To-Market (GTM) team. You’ll be enabling the GTM team to sell that future. It’s the strategic role that bridges Product, Sales and Marketing teams.
Your success is intrinsically tied to the success of the GTM team. More specifically, you’ll measure the success your programs by:
- Average sales person productivity
- MQL - SQL conversion rate (marketing & sales knowledge)
- Win rate %
This is a leadership role with 2 direct reports today and reports to the VP of Portfolio Marketing team.
Sales Content: From the proverbial elevator pitch and product differentiation to our version of the sales methodology, you’ll package content from the lens of a sales & field marketing person. You’ll be working closely with Product, Marketing and Sales Ops teams who are the SMEs for this content.
SE Content: At the surface, this is the technical version of the sales content. Underneath it all is a package you’ll create for SEs & technical marketing teams. It’ demos, architectures and best practices that GTM teams can use in customer meetings, events and presentations.
Instructional Design: Enablement is a journey and you’ll own that itinerary. At the very least, that means you’re driving programs like new hire onboarding, SKO and the ongoing learning every week. Plus, a number of new creative ways of increasing retention that we haven’t thought of yet.
Competitive Research: Every good story needs a villain. Competitors play that role in our GTM story. You’ll profile them, the technology and their tactics. All so that the heroes - GTM team - can beat the villain.
Team and Platform: Enablement is a team sport. You’ll lead and grow your immediate team to achieve your mission. You’ll be implementing closed loop processes to measure programs and figure out what’s needed next. You’ll be managing tech platforms that make it easier to do the job.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of sales enablement/sales training experience or related Marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental collaboration on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver sales training and development programs and measure the results
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment that requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented decision making and commitment to excellence
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability
- Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- BS/BA degree, MBA Preferred
- Ability to communicate with all areas of the company at all levels within the organization
- Must be hands-on with solid detail to attention
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST