Twilio is looking for a Sr. Director of Global Real Estate & Facilities to help manage our growing footprint of offices. The ideal candidate for this role is a natural self-starter with strong organizational skills that thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment. The candidate must have the ability to proactively recognize and resolve real estate-related issues, work in a professional manner, and multi-task across several projects while maintaining a collaborative team-based approach.
About the role:
The person in this position will support our growing company through a blend of planning and forecasting, day-to- day operations management and administration, and the overseeing of special projects. In addition, the individual in this role is responsible for providing support, guidance, and mentoring to the existing Facilities team members, remote Office Managers and ensuring ongoing alignment and partnership with the Employee Experience team.
- Lead and manage Twilio’s global real estate management and planning efforts, in alignment with the company’s expansion targets and financial goals.
- Create annual facilities operational plans and budgets for all Twilio global locations, in partnership with FP&A, linking our geographic headcount growth to key expansions of existing locations and requirements in new regions.
- Develop, document, and implement effective facilities management standards and guidelines, while ensuring a regionally sensitive approach to Twilio’s workplace environments.
- Direct the day-to- day facilities operations, services, and maintenance activities at all domestic and international offices, ensuring a coordinated partnership with our Employee Experience and IT teams.
- Plan and project manage all future global office expansions including property visits, site selection, lease negotiations, workspace architectural design, planning, build-out, and furniture procurement/installation.
- Proactively partner with all cross-functional teams involved with global office expansions and build-outs, including IT, HR, and Finance. Ensure all stakeholder teams are properly engaged at the onset of any new workplace initiatives.
- Ensure the maintenance of an appropriate portfolio management system, contract management database and operational workflows to effectively manage all vendor contracts, leases, option rights, and managed workspace terms.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure business continuity and physical emergency response plans are in place for all regional locations.
- Assist with special projects, as needed, including the creation of any facilities-related business cases and cost justifications.
- Be an innovator, partnering with teams like Employee Experience, IT and Engineering, to develop creative solutions to workplace issues that leverage Twilio’s industry-leading communications platform.
- BA/BS degree required in Business, Finance/Accounting, or related concentration.
- Minimum of 15 years of management experience in Facilities and/or Real Estate, overseeing a global footprint.
- High business acumen.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, risk management, and service management required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to present to senior management and at company All-Hands meetings.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong analytical and financial-management skills.
- Proven ability to identify and drive process and system improvements.
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, dependability, and last but not least - a good sense of humor.
- Experience managing facilities for SaaS/software development companies a plus.
- MCR certification a plus.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST