Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Director, FP&A to lead our corporate financial planning and analysis team and help us support the next stage of our growth. This is a leadership role positioned to drive the next generation of financial and operational business insights at Twilio. Reporting to the VP, FP&A, this position will be a thought leader and will manage and oversee all day-to-day corporate financial planning processes, including budget planning, monthly reporting and key business analysis.
- Lead the corporate FP&A team, overseeing global revenue and departmental operating expense forecasting and business reporting for executive departmental leaders and the Board.
- Set a vision for executive level metrics and systems support that ensures we can track, measure and optimize our business, at scale, across our product, sales and finance teams.
- Drive a unified, comprehensive process for forecasting and reporting that ensures product line profitability and sales productivity impacts are aligned and incorporated into our executive reporting and operational dashboards.
- Translate and interpret our financial results into operational recommendations to improve and accelerate the business.
- Partner with Sales Operations on our go-to-market sales model including coordinating on monthly sales forecasts, consulting on sales commission plan design/cost, and advising on productivity metrics appropriate for a consumption based platform model.
- Partner with our Business Operations team to drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for annual budget planning that links to company strategic objectives and evolves our understanding of budget accountability as we enhance our matrix operating model.
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Supervise and manage the performance of the corporate finance team and ensure cross-department collaboration to best optimize and accelerate the business.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within finance, preferably within PaaS, SaaS or technology company environments.
- Demonstrated track record in building and developing superior finance teams with best practices in a high-growth, high change environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding financial leadership skills and expertise with an emphasis on translating financial insights into operational recommendations.
- An excellent manager with experience in leading and mentoring direct reports and teams to ensure professional development and performance.
- Ability to work in a down-to-earth, entrepreneurial culture.
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into the detail.
- MBA and/or experience in investment banking, management consulting, and/or the Big 4 is preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion, Essbase, Anaplan, NetSuite and/or other robust financial systems a plus.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST