We are looking for a Director of Carrier Relations expert to join our team working with internal experts and our worldwide network of telecommunication partners. The person in this role will expand the deal framework and partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service.
About the job:
The Director of Carrier Relations will be responsible for managing the partner mix, performance, and strategy in accordance with Twilio’s financial goals, quality standards, and product feature requirements. The person who fills this role will own these partnerships from a strategic business perspective and will report to the Business Development team on overall strategy.
This position can be remote.
- Manage long-term relationships with telecommunication providers for an effective product offering with global reach that maximizes value to Twilio and our customers.
- Establish the deal structures and partnership framework for the delivery of the Twilio service.
- Accountable for the business partnership and partner performance management against cost and quality performance goals for the Twilio service.
- Create the processes and construct the team to manage the overall business relationships with telecommunication providers, including daily, weekly, and monthly performance, deal-making negotiations, contract operations, and strategic direction.
- Lead the business escalation process with each telecommunication provider to ensure proper attention is given at appropriate intervals to critical service issues.
- Schedule and lead ongoing working sessions between telecommunication providers with Twilio engineering, product, and finance teams.
- Act as subject matter expert for business and regulatory affairs associated with the telecommunications industry in new and prospective launch countries.
- Communicate strategy and progress internally, and collaborate with an array of internal teams including business development, finance, legal, marketing, product, and engineering.
- 7+ years relevant experience in telecommunications carrier relations, business development.
- Strong understanding of fixed, mobile, and IP operator business models and priorities.
- Deep knowledge in mobile, particularly with voice, messaging, and interconnection.
- Experience with product & service analytics, including creative analysis and new conclusions as a result.
- Ability to inspire internal teams to handle deadlines, understand product and engineering obligations, and build world-class products.
- Experience working on international programs and projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and engagements at the same time.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Gets things done. High personal productivity.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST