About this job:
Twilio is currently looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner to drive our people strategy and cultural transformation across a diverse range of teams (Sales, Marketing and Business Operations) and regions (EMEA and APAC). Reporting into the Sr. Director for Global Commercial and Operations HR, you will have direct interaction with managers and leaders and be responsible for creating programmatic solutions to enhance employee experiences and engagement and providing strategic advisory and support services so that the organization can achieve its business goals.
- Serve as critical liaison between the EMEA/APAC regions and U.S.-based headquarters, providing effective and timely communication with broader People team and other key business stakeholders.
- You get to collaborate with the Global Learning & Development team and fellow HR business partners to plan and execute capability building initiatives for employees and people managers.
- Implement initiatives that accelerate our cultural transformation. Key elements to reinforce include diversity & inclusion, learning/growth mindset & wearing the customers’ shoes.
- Build management capability to facilitate an open and inclusive environment that enables effective employee relations. Educate and advise managers based in other geographies outside of EMEA and APAC about the relevant employee relations and legislative environment.
- Improve manager capabilities through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities.
- Analyze data, understand trends, and develop proactive solutions to further support business objectives.
- Provide experienced advice and guidance in order to support, influence and challenge the business in the implementation of HR policies and procedures in order to ensure better business performance.
- Lead organizational change by providing change management strategies, stakeholder analysis and defining and implementing communications.
- Understand the Compensation & Benefit structure; provide expertise and assist with compensation and performance management administration.
- Work collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition team in order to ensure that the region recruits the best talent. Provide value-added assessment of the quality of short-listed candidates, interview and assess final candidates, and support Talent Acquisition colleagues and management with offer process.
- Coordinate with HQ on key items including new hire on-boarding, benefits set-up, conducting first-day orientation for new starters, and creating files for new joiners.
- Track & maintain attendance records including sickness and holiday records.
To be successful in this role you should have at least 8 years’ experience as a Human Resources professional, including experience partnering and coaching with Business Managers on how to bring out the best in their team. You should have a solid track record of managing and resolving individual ER cases and demonstrated ability in designing & implementing capability building initiatives that enhance the employee experience. You have passion for HR as a driver of business results and you will be able to exhibit the following attributes:
- Experience working in a multinational environment with a dispersed workforce.
- Excellent communication, consultative and influencing skills with an ability to interact with all levels of an organisation. Must have written and oral fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel (20%).
- Experience supporting Sales & Marketing and Engineering teams.
- Strong business knowledge with an ability to combine it with your HR knowledge in a strategic manner to drive the business forward.
- Current knowledge of local labour laws and legal trends. Must stay up to date with the changes in policies and procedures to provide the correct advice at the point of request.
- Customer focused, flexible, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment where multiple priorities need to be effectively managed.
- Co-own the efforts of simplifying and streamlining people processes and be a champion of reducing the bureaucracy and complexity.
- Be a driver of change, ensure speed and excellence in implementation and provide seamless support to clients in this activity.
- Ability to interface with clients, often on personal or sensitive issues, from a vast range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Will require consistent amendments to your personal style in order to successfully engage with your clients.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST