Twilio’s Sales and Business Operations teams play a critical role in defining and driving strategy, analytics, and operational excellence across all revenue-oriented and customer-facing functions. These functions include global sales, alliances, and product line general managers. Sales and Business Operations deliver both the thought partnership and operational support essential to enable Twilio to scale its growth and innovation in a fast-moving technology environment.
About the job:
We are looking for a leader for operations across all revenue-oriented functions at Twilio, with an emphasis on Sales. You will tackle high priority initiatives critical to scaling Twilio to $1B and beyond, including go-to-market strategy, metrics, processes, systems, and operations. As the leader, you will have an incredible opportunity to have a major impact on a fast-growing company disrupting software and communications.
We are looking for the rare executive able to combine strategic, analytical, big-picture thinking with the ability to drive detailed, operational excellence. This leader must have relevant experience in high-growth and high-scale software, cloud, and/or communications environments, yet also able to solve new, complex problems from first principles. The right candidate must have a proven track record in building, and managing a world-class global sales or field operations team, with strong domain knowledge around sales process, metrics, pricing, and compensation. The candidate will also have strong analytical skills and be able to work with our product GMs to shape Twilio’s evolution as it adds new product lines in the future.
The leader also must have strong communications and organizational influence skills and will be able to partner effectively with other groups in the company including Marketing, Finance, and R&D. The right candidate will have a proven track record of systematically improving operational effectiveness over time. This candidate also must reflect Twilio’s core values. The position will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
- Partner with other executives to formulate and communicate overall go-to-market strategy, both direct and indirect
- Provision of required reporting, analytics and business intelligence for all revenue-oriented and customer facing functions (sales, alliances, customer success, product GMs)
- Own all global sales and alliances operations including sales planning, metrics, processes, territories, quota allocation, compensation, productivity, and systems.
- Drive a high-quality, accurate, sales forecasting cadence globally
- Work with other teams to ensure the the right sales enablement for both new hires and existing customer-facing employees.
- Drive a streamlined and efficient deal approval and order management process
- Own Twilio’s CRM (Salesforce) implementation as the single source of truth for data and analytics
- Own the Business Operations team that provides operational support for product line GMs including metrics, processes, and pricing.
- Create presentations to communicate strategy and operational progress
- Proactively Identify and drive continuous improvements in operational processes and practices across go-to-market and the broader Twilio organization.
- Own field communication including both digital as well as in-person all hands and town halls
- Drive visible strategic projects partnering with senior leaders within Twilio – such as developing new commercialization models for new products, customer funnel conversion analysis, annual strategy and operational planning processes.
- Partner with Finance to ensure a single source of truth for metrics across Twilio
- Ensure the rest of the organization is aligned with go-to-market
- Own sales club and other incentive programs
- Demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics).
- Champion efforts across the organization to improve team effectiveness and contribute to making Twilio a great place to work.
- 10+ years of work experience in sales operations, analytics & planning experience, managing and growing teams; demonstrated ability recruit top talent and managing team growth
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments.
- Track record of increasing top line revenue and margins
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, managing, developing and retaining professionals at all levels.
- Deep interest in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Deep knowledge of sales compensation and productivity measurement in software and/or communications
- Demonstrated experience in software and/or communications, in both high-growth and high-scale environments.
- Demonstrated success managing operations globally, especially in all major software markets.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with executive-level stakeholders to drive change across multiple business sectors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven experience articulating sales & business operations and strategy related concepts to all audiences, including C-level executives and the Board.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; proven ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical contributors, management and executive leadership.
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting and understand key financial drivers of the business
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST