Estonia People Lead
About the job:
This position will report into the Senior HRBP for R&D, who is located in San Francisco, but will also need to work closely with the Talent Acquisition and People Ops Team, to be the “feet on the ground” in Twilio’s second largest office. This role will have a combination of responsibilities, which will include recruiting, ER issues, visa paperwork and benefits administration, among others as needed. The successful candidate will need to work in partnership with the HR Leadership team, located in San Francisco, to drive and implement operationally excellent Recruiting and HR services in alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Source top technical candidates through multiple channels including open web search, social media, phone screens, email contact, and participation in networking events.
- Create a strong technical candidate pipeline while providing an excellent candidate experience.
- Work with candidates through the entire hiring lifecycle, from intake to interview to job offer.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop new recruitment strategies and give feedback on ‘what is’ and ‘what is not’ working.
- Plan and execute creative recruiting events that attract top talent.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Carry out responsibilities for assigned customers in a wide variety of HR-related areas, such as, company policies, employee services, employment guidelines, employee relations; training and development, performance management, leaves of absence, worker’s compensation, and HRIS.
- Consult with the Sr. Director, HR Business Partner and local management on Human Resources issues. Provide experienced advice and guidance in order to support, influence and challenge the business in the implementation of HR policies and procedures in order to ensure better business performance.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and applicable laws. Respond to and facilitate the resolution of employee relations and organization development concerns. Advise managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system. Assure customer group compliance with legal requirements.
- Understand the Compensation and Benefit structure - provide expertise and assist with compensation and performance management administration.
- Coordinate with HQ on key items including new hire on-boarding (including benefits set-up, conducting first day orientation for new starters, creating files for new joiners)
- Track and maintain accurate attendance records including sickness and holiday records.
- At least 3-5 years experience in various roles in HR, including technical recruiting; must have demonstrated success with full cycle recruiting in Estonia
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, government provided benefits, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- High level of comfort around engineer types.
- Self driven with proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, challenging work environment while prioritizing multiple functions and managing time efficiently.
- Must be customer focused, flexible, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment, where multiple priorities need to be effectively managed.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain fluid communication between Estonia office and HQ for various HR items.
- Strong organizational skills for tracking candidates using ATS systems, Google docs, etc. Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook is required. Knowledge and experience working with Human Resources Information Systems and benefits-related applications
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.