Platform Engineering is Twilio’s investment in velocity, a startup-within-a-startup. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the DevOps APIs and tools they need to succeed in their mission.
Engineering in Platform means understanding the demands of Twilio's entire R&D team; engineering our services beyond the scaling and performance challenges we face; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us as we develop a new infrastructure monitoring and DNS management substrate for Twilio's global microservices platform.
- Write code and tests, pair w/peers, perform code reviews in Python, Java or Go.
- Be agile and ship features and fixes to Production weekly (often faster!)
- Propose, design & develop solutions that improve security and velocity.
- Own reliability for the team's services and participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Hands-on OOP experience developing tooling and RESTful services for infrastructure.
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in critical cross-functional projects.
- Fundamental experience in distributed systems, high availability, microservices.
- Persistent & creative: can unite engineers across boundaries to solve problems.
- Relentless in the pursuit to please our customers.
- Strong Linux system-level performance analysis.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and analysis.
- IAAS platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute).
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST