As the Senior Financial Analyst - COGS, you will be initially responsible for reporting, forecasting and analysis of our global Super Network costs and our cloud-based infrastructure costs. The Super Network is Twilio’s distributed software layer that allows our customers the ability to reach their end customers instantaneously.
This role will have a significant impact on the company’s ability to deliver best-in-class quality services while continuing to ensure efficient cost structures for both Twilio and our customers. You should be excited to combine your strong financial analysis skills with a team-based approach to maximize operational impact.
- Analyze and report on Super Network and cloud infrastructure costs on a monthly basis.
- Partner with carrier relations, carrier operations, engineering and product management teams to understand volume and financial commitments across Twilio’s network relationships.
- Own the data integrity of carrier costs across multiple products and geographies.
- Proactively recommend adjustments to network relationships to optimize costs as our business scales.
- Contribute to the product pricing teams with insights to products costs and customer margin profiles.
- Drive increased automation with data and business intelligence teams to improve accuracy of cost reporting.
- Contribute to improving and automating the forecast methodology for COGS.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred majors: Business, Economics, Math
- 5-7+ years of progressive financial experience
- Experience in a high-growth company
- Track record of developing cross-functional relationships
- Experience producing board-level reporting and operating in an environment with rigorous forecast and variance reporting accountability
- Track record of managing multiple projects and priorities
- Self starter and initiator who is willing to try different approaches
- Comfortable with large data sets
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Anaplan
- Customer comes first mentality - constantly thinks of needs of their internal customers
- Curious and informed - stays on top of finance and industry news
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST