As a Developer Educator at Twilio, your job is to challenge and empower Twilio developers to build incredible web and native apps that make communication better. To accomplish this mission, we'll use our skills as developers to create educational resources and technology that help our community get started and get finished with their Twilio applications.
Not every developer can get excited about documentation! But you're different - you understand the importance of great documentation. You're excited to envision and build learning experiences that have never been seen before. You're ready to hone your writing skills to create concise, accurate, and useful content. You want to set a new bar for documentation, and create delightful learning experiences that serve your fellow developers well.
About the job
We are looking for a resourceful technologist who is equal parts software developer and teacher. A diverse skill set and willingness to learn will be essential as you:
- Build the best doc website ever, with rich functionality and content that will serve our community well.
- Author technical content for twilio.com or anywhere else our developers are looking for educational content, in a variety of programming languages and frameworks.
- Manage external contributors as we build out a large library of technical content.
- Write production-ready sample applications that developers could put into service right away.
- Create tests and automation infrastructure to make sure our code samples are always accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to tools and open source projects that will serve our developer community.
We are actively seeking a team with diverse skills and viewpoints, so there is no technical litmus test for us. At a fundamental level, you will need be a software development professional with a track record of delivering web or mobile applications. Strong written communications skills will also be required. Since our team is fundamentally about education, qualities of a good teacher like patience, empathy, and detail orientation will be highly valued.
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team. Also, tell us what your favorite developer documentation is, and why you love it.
- Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST