Twilio is seeking a proven individual contributor to lead business development efforts for new products in a fast moving and innovative environment. As part of a small, tight-knit business development team you will work across multiple business units and products lines, who will benefit from your commercial acumen and leadership as new products are developed, matured and brought to market.
About the job:
You will be collaborating closely with individual product teams and other internal stakeholders to build business relationships with a range of potential partners from global technology companies to high-growth start-ups. Your focus will be on accelerating early customer adoption of new product initiatives and influencing product feature prioritization to ensure customer success, before full scale production and sales activities are initiated. The external activities, ranging from direct sales engagements to strategic technology collaboration projects, are often unique and therefore requiring unconventional deals and business models to be identified and negotiated. A strong technical understanding of mobile communication technologies, commerce and high-tech industries will be needed for this highly visible role, where your market insights on our relative advantages and risks will impact product feature roadmap investments, pricing and go to market decisions.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage all aspects of sales and technology partnerships.
- Develop go-to-market strategy and plans for new products along with product management and product marketing teams.
- Provide commercial and relationship management expertise to business units.
- Track progress with early adopters of new products.
- Lead cross functional teams (Product, Sales, Legal, Finance and Senior Management) to execute on external relationships and product strategies.
- Act with high sense of urgency to support strategic objectives and interest of business units and product teams.
- Master's degree in Business or Engineering from a top-tier program.
- 12+ years in technology business development and solution sales with strong understanding of internet and mobile technologies.
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful strategic technology relationships.
- Demonstrated success selling a software or SaaS solution
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a doer first.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time
- Passion for winning, big challenges, technology and a good sense of humor.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST