The Twilio platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
About the Job:
- We’re seeking talented lead engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working in large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, & high availability.
- Collaborate with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in production.
- Bring up new services from scratch, all stages from Architecture through deployment.
- Coordinate multi-team projects.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in real-time messaging.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment. Primary languages are Scala, Java, and C.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Code and architecture reviews.
- Act as Scrum Master as needed.
- You ship software fast and frequently.
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years in industry as a developer working on mission-critical user-facing systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle.
- Experience building scalable, highly-available service oriented architectures.
- Deep experience of server-side programming using Java and multi-threaded programming.
- Deep understanding of the IP networking stack and HTTP.
- Knowledge of REST based services.
- Relentless focus on automation. Strong knowledge of at least 1 scripting language.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with messaging protocols such as SMPP, XMPP, MM4, MM7, SIP/SIMPLE.
- Experience with build/deployment tools such as Maven, Chef and Jenkins.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance #LI-POST