Twilio's Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences. This position is dedicated to ensuring that our customers who need us on the weekends get the support that they need when they need it. This position is for someone who would like to have a shorter work week (four days), with a tighter schedule (ten hours a day). You will have more days off in a week, and you will join a passionate team that delivers amazing customer experiences even on weekends.
About the job:
- You will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones and with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Telecomm experience preferred. For example, you have implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony protocols a plus.
- Flexible work schedule. This position involves four ten hour days, Friday - Monday.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience.
- Attendance of programming/coding bootcamps.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience with call centers and/or IVRs from a technical perspective.
Twilio makes communication easy and powerful. Over 700,000 web and mobile developers have used Twilio’s cloud-based platform to integrate voice, SMS and MMS capabilities into software applications. Customers like Uber, Airbnb, Box and Home Depot leverage Twilio’s well-documented REST interface to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area’s 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.