We are looking for an experienced mobile engineer to lead the development of plugins and wrappers to expose Twilio mobile SDKs to mobile cross-platform frameworks like Xamarin and React Native. Twilio SDKs power the next generation of real-time communications products - they allow mobile and web developers to quickly add voice, video, and chat capabilities to their applications. As the Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile Frameworks - you will bring the power of Twilio SDKs to millions of developers across the globe using frameworks like Xamarin, React Native, Cordova, and PhoneGap.
About the job:
- Lead the development of plugins, adaptors and wrappers to bring the power of Twilio SDKs to developers of cross-platform mobile frameworks like Xamarin, React Native, Cordova, etc.
- Work with product management to define the developer experience and requirements.
- Build sample apps and documentation showcasing the use of Twilio SDKs within the mobile frameworks.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments and remain on the cutting edge of the mobile development ecosystem.
- Challenge the team to high standards of technical excellence - influence architecture, coding standards, maintain development best practices.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience in shipping high-profile user-facing products and working with complex, cross-platform code bases.
- Extensive experience building mobile applications and deep insight into the current trends in mobile development.
- Experience building cross-platform mobile applications using Xamarin, React Native, Cordova, PhoneGap, and the like.
- Experience building plug-ins/adaptors/wrappers for Xamarin, React Native, Cordova, PhoneGap, etc.
- 5+ years developing software and delivering mission-critical user-facing products.
- Deep knowledge of agile software development processes and tools like Git, Jenkins and Jira.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done. You are a DOer.
- You are passionate about real-time communications.
- You understand VOIP-related technologies and think the promise of WebRTC can change the way we communicate.
- You've built apps using Twilio SDKs.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST