See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Sr. Director HRBP, GTM Communications.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This person in this position will work closely with the Twilio Communications global Go-To-Market leadership team and regional HRBPs as we continue to transform the organization. If you like adding immense value and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. If you think strategically, thrive in highly dynamic environments and love rolling your sleeves up to get things done, this role is for you. This is a people management role.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to align talent strategies to business objectives for Twilio Communications GTM functions across all geographies
- Be a champion of Twilio’s culture and values, while partnering on the strategy and execution of people-related programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow
- Serve as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues in partnership with our regional HRBP team
- Leverage data and analytics to assess, anticipate and solve HR-related needs
- Communicate needs proactively across our People Team and client leadership teams
- Seek to develop integrated solutions that bring out the best in our people while delivering tangible business results
- Help us transform and scale our HRBP service delivery and operating models
- This role will report to the Vice President, Global HR Business Partners - Twilio Communications and be the primary HRBP for the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) of Twilio Communications, leading a small team of HRBPs
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum 12+ years experience in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, preferably in SaaS or related software industry
- In depth experience supporting Sales and GTM teams navigating through significant and transformative change, working level knowledge of and comfort with various GTM roles, business models and sales compensation structures
- Proven ability to develop, engage and retain a high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence, coach, and support seasoned senior leaders (VP+)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to influence in multiple directions (up, down, across within the People function and within the Business) in a demanding and high-performing work environment
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex global business issues
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, diversity, talent development, performance management, employee relations, federal, state, and local employment laws
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas. Approximately 10-15% travel is anticipated.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $193,760.00-242,200.00
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $205,200.00-$256,500.00
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.