See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Staff Engineer, Cloud Security.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio’s Cloud Security team is responsible for securing Twilio’s complex global cloud infrastructure. Our Cloud Security Engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and implement solutions, understanding complex architectures and systems, drive down security risks, reduce the blast radius of vulnerabilities, and assist in incident response efforts when needed. You will be building solutions to tough security problems in real-time networks, mentoring junior team members, and working with experts in cellular networks.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with other security and engineering teams to provide timely security reviews, threat models, and control implementations for major product ships.
- Build reliable tools to prevent, mitigate or remediate cloud misconfigurations in cloud infrastructure.
- Work with our GRC, Privacy, and Legal teams to incorporate any regulatory controls and perform gap assessments.
- Share knowledge and experience in the use of industry-standard cloud security tools, proper security best practices, and soft skills such as establishing non-technical relationships across the organization.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have 5+ years experience in major cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP) and expertise in managing at least one of the three.
- You have deep understanding of infrastructure-, network- , and application-layer attacks and mitigation methods.
- You are proficient in at least one programming/scripting languages.
- You can drive Cloud Security projects from start to finish under high ambiguity.
- You carry strong business acumen with the ability to build business cases for technology initiatives and to effectively communicate the value proposition to non-technical stakeholders.
- You can succeed as a cross-functional partner in the security space.
- Infrastructure as Code expertise.
- Experience in securing Kubernetes / EKS.
- Experience in penetration testing and red/blue team activities.
- Cloud merge and acquisition experience.
- Service Mesh knowledge.
- This role will be <remote, USA>
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $160,080 - $200,100
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $169,520 - $211,900
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $188.320 - $235,400
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.