About the job
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our EMEA team supporting our customers’ with their issues. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a guide for Twilio’s platform.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, and are able to supply ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. (For example, you’ve implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size in the past). You’ve got strong time management skills, work well in a fast paced environment, and are efficient at getting work done while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our EMEA Flex Support team. We are seeking candidates with:
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Bonus skills:
- Serverless (Lambda) experience.
- Expertise with both native and mobile applications is a great bonus
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and solve issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in fixing network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to contribute with proficiency at developing workflows to increase resolution efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related field, or relevant experience related to this position.
- Bonus: strong written and verbal communication skills in multiple languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian...)
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our EMEA Support team. We are seeking candidates with a consistent record of providing outstanding technical support.
- You will help customers solve their technical challenges through tickets, phone calls, and chat conversations
- You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- You will work multi-functional with Engineering, Product Management and Sales, sometimes with similar multi-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Twilio operates a 24/7 support model. You will always work the morning shift, but the ability to occasionally work weekends and holidays (as needed) is required. When working a weekend shift, you still get 2 days off per week.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to ignite your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.