See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager - Twilio Engage Platform
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Segment, recently acquired by Twilio, is the world's leading CDP with over 20,000 customers today, focusing on customer data infrastructure to power amazing customer experiences—data up versus campaign down. The demand for customer data infrastructure is set to grow +34.6% YoY to $15.6B by 2026. Globally, 93% of companies expect to increase their CDP budget over the next 3 years. This presents an amazing opportunity to capture this market opportunity and continue to lead the CDP space.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Engage provides an all-in-one tool-set for marketers to have intentional and meaningful conversations throughout the customer lifecycle. This product is the key strategic focus area for Twilio and its future growth.
The product weaves together experiences from the many recent acquisitions such as Segment and SendGrid. By building a platform, we hope we can make it easier to integrate, orchestrate, and monitor even more services to power the next generation of tools for marketers.
In this role, you'll be owning Engage’s data privacy & governance strategy & product. Various compliance regulations like GDPR, Apple-Tracking Transparency, PDPB in India are fast-evolving, and to unlock key growth in certain geographies and industries we need a product leader that will help us evolve the Engage platform to meet these needs. You will also have a chance to be one of our first leaders in India, and help double the size of our R&D organization there.
This role will help take Engage to the next level of growth while working with some of the world's leading organizations.
In this role, you’ll:
- Craft Twilio Engage’s product strategy with regards to changing global data & privacy landscapes (EU GDPR, CCPA, India PDPB, Apple Tracking Transparency etc)
- Own our existing GDPR-user-deletion functionality as well as our data residency efforts
- Evolve our consent management strategy & product as we add new marketing channels
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the product development cycle to align, build and deliver the right privacy & compliance primitives
- Drive the strategic direction and coordinate efforts around new opportunities for the platform, including strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Unlock key privacy and compliance-sensitive markets to drive revenue growth
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience & Background:: 4+ years of product management and/or experience managing complex technical products
- Curiosity: Understanding and curiosity around the evolving customer data landscape and various regulations and technologies
- Congeniality: Experience brainstorming vague ideas and turning them into concrete specs working with engineering and design teams
- Clarity: Excellent written and communication skills
- Adaptability: Good at dealing with ambiguity and clearly synthesizing actionable next steps
This role will be based remotely in India. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.