See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Support Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Manager to lead our team of incredible Technical Support Engineers located in India! Ideally, you’re focused on serving customers by caring deeply about their needs, frustrations, and overall satisfaction with their Twilio experience. You recognize that the best way to do this is to invest in the well-being, personal development, and professional skill-set of your team. You’re motivated by seeing your people and your customers succeed and you care deeply about both. Values matter to you; you’re someone who may embody Twilio’s values, who enjoys solving challenging problems and who is driven to empower others to thrive and not be beholden to one playbook.
As a Technical Support Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Deliver excellent partner and customer satisfaction and meet/exceed all operational targets.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Plan staffing requirements and recruit, train and retain top talent, in line with the capacity plan. Coach and develop your existing team to help employees achieve their career development aspirations
- BE AN OWNER: Serve as a role-model of Twilio’s principles, helping the team understand how to apply these principles in their work-life.
- DON'T SETTLE: Analyze existing processes, systems and metrics to maximize how the team works, enabling room for team learning, growth and development. Analyze data and surface insights from support interactions to advocate on behalf of customers, drive decision making to improve products and processes, and drive long term customer and partner loyalty.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with fellow front-line support managers and cross-functional business partners to improve processes, increase efficiency, and plan for the future growth and support of Twilio’s customer base.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of learning, growth, impact, and success. Ideal candidates:
- 5+ years' experience in leading a technical support team to provide follow-the-sun support models in a B2B environment. Experience in managing remote employees is highly desirable.
- 4+ years of experience as a technical support engineer or in a similar customer facing delivery role.
- Strong experience in a customer-centric culture, where NPS / CSAT and customer happiness are at the epicenter of the business
- Ability to work effectively with Front Line Support Engineers as well as participate in other cross-team engagements to expedite resolution to hot issues.
- Willingness to work in APAC or EMEA shift.
- Support Duty Manager and/or Escalation Manager experience
- Familiarity with the telecom industry, call center experience, and/or SaaS companies
- Familiarity with Zendesk and Jira and BI tools like Looker and Tableau
This position would be located in our Bengaluru office in India
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.