Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us build and operate the next generation of enterprise-grade identity services that power security, identity and access management for all of Twilio’s products. You get excited by the idea of having end-to-end ownership of services that process billions of requests per day. You enjoy iteratively delivering value to customers and you know that to take services to scale, requires developing a complex distributed platform from the ground up and are concerned with availability, throughput and latency. If you are a great problem solver who is super hungry to learn better ways of doing things and has a customer first mindset, we want to talk with you.
- You have 7+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- You are comfortable with asynchronous communications and multi-threading concepts and languages.
- You have experience with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- You have a very strong understanding of REST APIs.
- You know that the code you ship is only as dependable and predictable as the tests you write.
- You have experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification
- Experience with IAM cloud directory products such as Google Cloud Directory, or Azure directory services.
- Experience with Java and or Scala
As a Staff Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Sweat details and think long term in building and operating, high-scale cloud based systems and services.
- DRAW THE OWL: Solve ambiguous and complex IAM challenges spanning several quarters of execution and requiring collaboration with cross functional teams.
- EMPOWER OTHERS and WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to help define, break down and prioritize work in partnership with the team. Be a point of contact for technical systems your team owns.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Advocate consistent practices for development, testing, operating and improving services.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.