See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff, Site Reliability Engineer (L4) - Core Services/Response Engineering Lead
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help Twilio meet our reliability goals by providing tools, automation and processes to reduce customer impact during incident response, and improve the overall on-call experience.
The Response Engineering team's focus is to support the incident lifecycle process with tooling and automation to help reduce MTTR (and incidents), but also overall reduce the toil and burden of being on-call.
As an SRE Lead for the team you will provide technical leadership, vision and mentorship to help the team design, deliver and support the above goals.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build mission critical tooling to assist with triage and mitigation of incidents quickly for our customers.
- Provide technical guidance and vision to team members as you lead delivery of the solution
- Research, educate and advocate for best practices and new technologies in the Twilio engineering organization
- Partner with Twilio’s platform engineering teams to provide the best possible user experience, documentation and self-service for our customers.
- Assist with on-call duties for any services/automation we create
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of Engineering and SRE experience
- On-call experience (to better understand what we are trying to optimize)
- Proven track record in building internal automation
- Proficient with Go or Python
- Excellent collaborator, ability to foster alignment cross-functionally and cross-organizationally
- Excellent communication skills. Able to distill key takeaways quickly, able to document and diagram design requirements
- Willingness to be a tech leader and a mentor to junior members of the team
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and services, especially AWS
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform.
This role will be Remote - US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $220,110.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.