Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Regional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Senior Manager, Asia Pacific, Japan, and India (APJ/India) to be a key member of the DEI team for Twilio. The person in this role will be responsible for managing and driving DEI initiatives for the region. This role will have oversight and full knowledge and understanding of diversity nuances throughout the region. Reporting to the Chief Diversity Officer in the US, with a strong collaboration with the HRBP Regional Lead. This position is critical to the build and expansion of our DEI work, globally.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working within the DEI space, globally. We are on the journey of becoming an anti-racist company, so this role is critical to the growth of our anti-racist journey in the region. They also have:
- 5-7 years experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion at a company - preferably a global company.
- A self-starter that is nimble and knows how to navigate a hyper-growth and fast-paced environment without much supervision.
- Strong preference for someone who has been in a similar role; has worked closely with ERGs and/or has a background in learning and development or talent management.
- Strong analytical skill; and must have experience in diversity analytics and understanding diversity data.
- Fluency in country and regional cultures throughout Asia, Australia, and India.
- Has experience working closely with HRBPs to help drive DEI initiatives.
- Experience in building or scaling global ERGs.
- Flexibility to work across various geographies and timezones.
- Someone who is savvy, innovative, empathetic, curious, courageous, and has a great sense of humor (added bonus).
As Regional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Senior Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze diversity data and provide key findings to internal stakeholders and Leadership Team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design and develop new programs and improve our local DEI strategy
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead all change and development to policy including strategy formation and delivery.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in all programs - upholding Twilio's DEI Policy and Programs
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team is central to Twilio’s brand and to the growth and scale of the company. The Chief Diversity Officer was hired in September 2020 and sits on the executive team and reports to the CEO and Chief People Officer. This new role and reporting structure was created before the racial unrest in the United States, but the focus on this function became even more integral to the business after last summer. As a global company, it is critical that the DEI function reflects the commitment to driving diversity and anti-racism values - globally. This regional role will provide the regional expertise and considerations as the DEI continues to build and scale its global vision.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Singapore/ Bangalore, India/ Hong Kong.. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.