Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Sr. Manager for North America Enterprises & Verticals as part of our Global Messaging Exchange sales team. This person will lead a team of experienced Account Executives that will have dual responsibilities - revenue and profit responsibility for our largest enterprise customers in North America, and sales targets for expanding our business into new strategic enterprise customers in the US & Canada. This team will support highly analytical and consultative sales to large enterprises, as we enable them to leverage Twilio’s messaging APIs in the development of new and exciting customer engagement use cases - utilizing SMS/MMS, WhatsApp, Instagram, Google Business Messages, and Account Security offerings. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration across product management, finance, carrier relations and sales. The Sr. Manager will be tasked with further developing our North America sales strategy and structure, which includes focusing on team development, building repeatable sales strategies and playbooks, ensuring the continued growth of existing accounts, and driving new business growth.
- 5-6+ years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products or services with at least 3 years in management or leadership
- 3+ years of experience building and leading high performing teams of individuals that combine major account sales and deep analytics
- Experience with managing a P&L, financial modeling and forecasting is critically important
- Experience in setting priorities, managing forecasting, and can support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for a business
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships
- Record of delivering market driven results, especially to scale and enterprise customers
- Familiarity with matrixed or specialist sales models, working in partnership with relationship management, customer success and technical support teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ of experience
- Domain expertise from a highly quant industry such as advertising optimization, investment banking, security or commodity trading especially in non-standard segments
- Business Messaging, Telecommunications or CPAAS experience
- Software, SaaS, or PaaS experience
- Develop, drive, and communicate our revenue management sales strategy, results and opportunities to peers and senior executives
- Hire and lead an A-team of business development specialists to deliver optimized margin, gross profit, and new business growth results every period
- Partner closely with other sales teams to identify new revenue opportunities within our largest Strategic Accounts
- Serve on a cross-functional go-to-market team with representatives from partners, services, sales ops, marketing, support and more
- Collaborate with your team and internal cross-functional sales, marketing and product teams
- Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including product, procurement, IT architects, developers and senior executives
- Work with strategic customers to ensure our post-sales teams are driving their success through delivery and ongoing support
- Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their consumer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is US-based and remote, but proximity in either our San Francisco, CA or NYC, NY office is a plus. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.