See yourself at Twilio
Join the Flex Insights Historical Reporting team as a Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Help our team build a reporting solution that is used by the contact center supervisors, managers, and data analysts to operate and improve the quality of their Flex Contact Center. You will work closely with the engineering team, architects as well as stakeholders to help deliver new features and maintain high quality and stability of existing products.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with product management and architects to define the functional and non-functional requirements.
- In collaboration with the engineering team and Architects, design appropriate solutions that satisfy scale, latency and reliability requirements.
- Implement, test and maintain solutions and models that control the data flows through the entire Customer Engagement Platform.
- Collaborate with your team and coach junior members of the team.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience, building and maintaining backend systems.
- Proficiency with the Java programming language.
- Hands-on experience writing clean and testable code and with unit and integration testing.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL database design.
- Fundamental understanding of microservice and event driven architectures, their benefits and challenges including various broker implementations (Kafka, Kinesis, SQS).
- Experience with Kotlin or Node.js.
- Hands-on experience with AWS services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, S3).
- Experience designing and operating highly available and scalable systems.
- Hands-on experience with DataStreaming/Processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Kafka Streams, Flink, Spark or Hadoop.
This role will be based in Warsaw.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.