See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr Deal Desk Analyst in EMEA
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Segment, a division of Twilio, is growing rapidly and is seeking a Sr Deal Desk Analyst to support the EMEA and APJ regions. Reporting to the Deal Desk Manager, this position is an individual contributor role and a critical partner to the Sales organization to optimize deal execution.
The scope of the role includes understanding and interpreting the impact of any non-standard customer requests while ensuring optimal, predictable and scalable outcomes. The role will also include analyzing deal economics, modeling pricing models and adhering to product and business strategies.
In short, this role is integral to deliver on our quarterly goals and optimize revenue growth opportunity. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
In this role, you will:
- Interpret, model, solutionize and articulate deviations to standard operating practices and models.
- Perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers
- Be decisive - Use a framework and process by which to make and influence decisions, sometimes with incomplete data, throughout the organization
- Contribute to automating and streamlining our global deal processes via ad hoc operations and systems focused projects
- Foster & maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and functional peers
- Provide frequent guidance to sales on quote and order management in the deal management process
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ Years’ experience in a Deal Desk capacity with an ability to leverage Sales Operations and / or Pricing experience.
- Working knowledge with revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606) and/or understanding of commercial contract law
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative and cooperative working style.
- Proficiency in navigating Salesforce and Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) and / or similar systems
- Understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Twilio is looking for an experienced professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a strong background in sales, sales operations, support and / or deal desk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Finance, Business or Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong motivation to excel in a deal management environment
- Contribute to ensuring an operating framework that delivers predictable and scalable outcomes
- Empathetic to getting a deal done and ensuring an optimal execution cadence, fostering strong partnership with your Sales counterparts
This role will be remote, and based in the EMEA region
No Travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.