See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sales Director, DACH.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for an accomplished Sales Director - a "people" person who learns fast and thinks on their feet. This position is needed to lead, mentor, and scale a successful team of full-cycle Account Executives. This role will report to the DACH Country Manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with your team and internal cross-functional teams. You will act as the “executive” in your reps’ deals, which entails talking at a strategic level, acting as a sponsor for both the rep and the customer, and making the hard decisions when needed.
- Forecast your team overachieving on their goals, and thoughtfully present your guidance to your Country Director.
- Talk to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases, centered around how they communicate with their customers.
- Lead and prioritize a long list of projects and action items. Be ready to get things done!
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have a track record of leading and building hard-working ‘virtual’ sales teams and understand how to lead your team to deliver more than they may think is possible.
- You are comfortable allowing your team to be Owners of their own business – this means giving them autonomy and trusting their decisions, but stepping in and coaching when needed.
- You are analytical and thorough. You can collect data, synthesize it, and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process.
- You have a successful track record of closing full-cycle deals within a cloud based or platform company and experience negotiating cloud consumption model contracts.
- The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics-driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and is passionate about helping their team succeed.
- Your German and English language skills are business proficient (at least C1 level).
This role will be based in our Munich, Germany, office.
Some travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.