See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Cloud Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help the Twilio’s IoT/Wireless Team designing, developing, deploying and operating IoT backend services providing companies control their fleets of IoT devices. As a Software Engineer you will be part of a team that designs, builds and operates backend services powering customers facing data insights toolings. Those tools are key for our customers to understand their spending across all our products (Super SIM, Programmable Wireless and Microvisor).
In this role, you’ll:
- Hone your skills writing maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment with CI/CD pipelines).
- Learn cutting-edge skills by tackling complex problems in distributed computing.
- Spend some of your time infusing your technical expertise and know-how in your team through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions.
- Work with our Tech Lead to set up best practices for the area of ownership. You will be working with Java/Scala/Python/Kafka/AWS.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a large scale, distributed applications environment, based on JVM based technologies
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience scaling production backend systems, with the proven ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems
- Experience scaling data tiers employing a variety of SQL/NoSQL database and caching technologies
- Solid knowledge of Linux based systems. Ideally, you have a background working with cloud computing and container technologies.
- Experience with version control concepts as well as unit and integration testing methodologies.
- Experience with Telecommunications systems
This role will be based either in our Berlin office or remote in one of the following locations: Germany, Poland, Spain
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.