See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer, Voice & Video Insights
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to design and extend large-scale data pipelines leveraging cutting edge technologies to gain unprecedented visibility into Twilio’s Voice and Video platform as well as create predictive AI capabilities that make the platform more intelligent.
As a Software Engineer, you will partner with the product managers, designers and other engineers in the Voice & Video Insights team to build and maintain a suite of Insights products, working closely with sensor teams to ingest new data into the pipeline and integrate it with the products.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load distributed systems and data pipelines in a production environment.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a production environment. Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- Raise the bar on team performance. Enable feature velocity while maintaining quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Contribute to the R&D roadmap for Voice & Video Insights, including continuous evaluation of industry standards, techniques, tools and trends. Ensure Twilio develops and maintains an industry competitive advantage.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes.
- Strong Distributed systems knowledge.
- A proficient working knowledge of modern Java or Scala, preferably Scala.
- Experience developing and operating large-scale data pipelines leveraging technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis and Cassandra.
- Well-versed in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Capable of operating from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services. Ideally, you have experience in a production
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of IP networking and application-level protocols, including an understanding of end-end networks and factors affecting performance.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Azure.
This role will be based in our Mountain View, CA office. No travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.