See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior, Software Engineer (L3) - Email Platform
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to develop the most trusted and secure email platform, plus leading the effort to integrate Sendgrid tech stacks into the Twilio platform.
The team offers tremendous opportunities for learning and growth. Ownership spans from the core services in the email platform to the integration points between Sendgrid and other Twilio products. As the Sendgrid representative, this team collaborated with Twilio Flex and Conversations to deliver the Email in Flex product, announced in Signal 2021.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment used by millions of customers across the globe.
- Collaborate routinely with other team members as well as members of the wider organization to tackle complex problems in distributed computing.
- Help, guide, mentor and influence more junior members of the team in their career.
- Communicate effectively to executives, to your peers, and internally among your team.
- Constantly look for areas of improvement in systems and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of work experience building and operating highly scalable products
- Strong experience with Golang, Java, or similar technologies
- Demonstrated track record in service ownership
- Significant experience building scalable software systems and strong background in distributed systems, or infrastructure to help deliver mission critical applications
- Excellent communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in collaborative and energetic teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience delivering software using Containers/Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kafka data pipelining.
- Understanding of cloud technologies and experience in at least one cloud platform: AWS, GCP, or Azure.
This role will be based in our Irvine, CA or Denver, CO office.
This role will be remote friendly, working closely with teammates in Redwood City, Irvine and Denver, among other remote locations.
Approximately <10% travel is anticipated and is optional.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $181,940
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.