See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Solutions Engineer RoA
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Solutions Engineering team is an important part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit for customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. This is done by owning the technical pre-sales relationship, proposing technical architectures, demonstrating the product, anticipating concerns, and offering creative solutions. This role also involves working with our product teams as well, to be the voice of the customer and help to shape and direct our product roadmaps.
The Solutions Engineer is both technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Only when safe to do so, you would be traveling at least 25% per month for this role visiting customers onsite.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do. Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- DON'T SETTLE: Continuously learn new products and new technologies. Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Form a deep understanding of customer businesses and their problems. Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success. Educate and mentor customers, partners, and colleagues on what’s possible with Twilio
- BE BOLD: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation. Build demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies. Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a professional who, regardless of their previous roles, has a desire to work in technical pre-sales and lives the Twilio Magic.
As a pre-sales Solutions Engineer, you are not expected to be writing production code but being able to develop proof of concepts and understand questions from a developer audience is a requirement of the role. As such it is important that you have a good understanding of programming principles in order to enjoy and flourish in this role. Here are the key characteristics we are looking for in our candidates
- 8+ years pre-sales experience selling technical products or as a software developer working directly with customers.
- Able to build a deep understanding of a customer’s needs and guide them to a technical solution
- A creative problem solver with know how to get things done and collaborates with others to drive success
- An engaging communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Experience in one of the following areas, multiple areas of experience would be advantageous:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecommunications, SIP, or Contact Center is a plus.
This role will be based in our beautiful Singapore office at Marina One.
You will enjoy our incredible perks: snacks, weekly team lunch, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa / travel restrictions in effect, we may only be extending offers to individuals who (a) are currently physically resident in Singapore, (b) have a legal right to work in Singapore, or (c) candidates who can start in this location by the expected hire date. We're keeping the situation under review and will adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Additionally, Twilio will require evidence of vaccination, medical ineligibility for vaccination or recovery from Covid-19 within the past 180 days, for employees going into the office as employees will not be able to access our offices from 15 January 2022 (unless such employee will complete the vaccination by 31 January 2022) without vaccination. In accordance with applicable law, we may also collect evidence of vaccination as a condition of employment for employees who require work passes as of 1 February 2022.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.