See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Android Video Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help grow our Video team, which enables developers to build rich and engaging WebRTC-based media experiences. The libraries you build will have the audience of 2M+ developers building with Twilio. These libraries power millions of conversations between users across the globe, on endpoints spanning all the modern browsers and mobile platforms.
In this role, you’ll:
- Leverage your skills in Kotlin, Java, and Twilio's Android SDKs to solve problems end-to-end
- Own the design and development of significant new features end-to-end
- Keep up-to-date with the Android ecosystem, and evolving our apps/SDKs accordingly
- Strive to continuously improve your team's standards and development best practices
- Ship high quality code, with predictable velocity, on a regular cadence
- Work with Engineering and Product Management to influence the roadmap and charting technical work plans
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You are an Android expert with experience in writing mobile applications and libraries
- You are a champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development
- You are excited about the power of WebRTC and the future of real-time communications
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- You are passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done
- Experience with Java Native Interface (JNI) and Android NDK
- Experience with WebRTC or comparable media engine
- Experience building open source software
- Experience with Firebase Test Lab
This role will be Remote US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $116,688.00 - $145,860.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.