See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Prinicpal Solutions Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our expanding team in the EMEA region, specifically providing technical pre-sales guidance for our UK and Irish customers.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for establishing product fit, building customer trust in our platform, and delivering the technical win. We do this by demonstrating the platform, understanding the features and limitations of each product in our stack, and working on custom demonstrations and proof-of-concepts. Our customers are varied. You’ll need to be equally comfortable talking to the C-Suite, non-technical users, and developers. You’ll also need to be able to jump into an IDE and show them how it is done!
In this role, you’ll:
- WEAR OUR CUSTOMERS SHOES, identifying customer requirements through in depth discovery sessions and technical deep dives - guiding our customers to a technical solution using Twilio. You’ll interact with our customers daily, spending time showcasing our products and features. Creating slides, jumping into the IDE to show developers what they can do, chatting with a CTO about their latest great idea for using Twilio; all part of the day job.
- BE BOLD - Demo platform capabilities to our prospective and existing customers; you’ll know how to tell a story and apply creativity to drive success.
- DRAW THE OWL - building custom demos and using your developer skill-set to turn our customers' ideas into tangible proof-of-concepts using the Twilio APIs and SDKs.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - through close partnerships with Twilio Account Executives, you’ll strategise and plan for deal success; whilst educating and mentoring our customers, partners and colleagues on what’s possible with Twilio.
- WRITE IT DOWN - document how Twilio can help the customer with their use-case. Add to our wealth of technical resources, publishing your thoughts and ideas as blogs and sharing with our huge developer community. Feedback this information to our R&D teams through logging of feature requests, product gaps and ideas from customers.
- Keep learning; Twilions DON’T SETTLE - we’re always learning as Twilio adds new features and products; you will need to have a mindset of continuous improvement and learning.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
As a pre-sales Solutions Engineer, you are not expected to be writing production code but being able to develop proof of concepts and understand questions from a developer audience is a requirement of the role. As such it is important that you have a good understanding of programming principles in order to enjoy and flourish in this role. Here are the key characteristics we are looking for in our candidates
- Experience selling technical products, or perhaps you’re a software developer who has worked directly with customers in the past in a technical consulting role.
- Ability to build a deep understanding of customer requirements and guide towards the technical win.
- Creativity - You’ll need to be a problem solver, able to collaborate with others to drive success.
- An engaging storyteller - you can gain audience confidence and communicate complex topics to multiple levels of audience.
- Experience writing code in one or more of the following areas, multiple areas of experience would be advantageous:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python or PHP)
- Web (JS, React)
- Experience with consuming REST APIs
- Full-stack development across multiple areas of the above.
- Previous experience in Telecommunications, SIP, WebRTC, or Contact Centre would be a plus.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms, specifically AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Familiarity with Mobile development, especially for iOS and Android.
This role will be based in our London office, although we are working remotely for now!
As a customer facing role 20% travel is anticipated, once safe to do so.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.