See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, Pricing & Monetization.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our Pricing & Monetization Strategy with the development of new bundled offers and solutions.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager of Pricing and Monetization Strategy to be a key leader in the development and implementation of pricing and packaging strategy for Twilio’s growing suite of products. Reporting to the Senior Director of Pricing and Monetization Strategy, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s Product GMs and Sales leaders to transform Twilio’s product strategy and deliver customer-friendly, innovative pricing bundles and solutions to the market. Pricing and packaging is an integral lever to accelerate Twilio’s revenue growth. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Ideate, design and develop creative pricing and packaging solutions that delight the customer
- Collaborate multi-functionally across the Pricing team as well as Product, Sales, and other teams to define bundled offers and solutions
- Analyze underlying market trends, price trends, and customer behavior to inform the pricing strategy
- Develop pricing proposals and financial business cases to support your pricing recommendations, and stakeholder these with key business partners
- Proactively manage and monitor established offers, and own strategic pricing decisions and recommendations, including promotions and price changes for them
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Background in Strategic Pricing, including 8+ years of quantitative pricing experience in technology, telecom or consulting firm
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Finance/Economics/Statistics)
- SaaS business knowledge with the ability to understand and model the tradeoffs of pricing and packaging decisions
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, including ability to develop a forecast and business case
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to draw reasonable assumptions and/or conclusions backed by thoughtful qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Background custom deal pricing a plus
- Experience in pricing analytics and/or statistics a plus
This role will be remotely based in the U.S.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $120,832- $151,040.00.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.