See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next R&D Director, Talent Acquisition
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to ensure our R&D organization across the US and globally have a strong leader to support the unprecedented growth of our engineering teams, act as a strategic advisor to engineering executives and leaders on a variety of talent issues. The Director will grow and develop a strong team of managers who innovate, create efficiency, who wear the customer's shoes and who delivers amazing results.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with business leaders to develop, prioritize and then deliver on comprehensive workforce plans.
- Whether it’s finding a candidate’s dream job or counseling a leader on the best course of action, seek to understand the customer’s perspective and needs and place those needs first.
- Build strong relationships across functions and customers (FP&A, HR, Total Rewards, the business and with candidates) that will create great outcomes.
- Take the lead on partnering with business leaders to build a hiring strategy then take the lead on implementing and delivering on that strategy with your team of Talent Acquisition Managers. Ensure a flawless business and candidate experience and always maintain operational excellence.
- Be creative and innovative. You are empowered to develop a vision, to experiment and build whether it’s a new process to improve the experience of a candidate, or a new tool to create a more efficient outcome for a business you support.
- We are building something special at Twilio. You will attract, engage and hire only the best talent to help us reach our goals. Keep your team motivated and pushing to exceed goals.
- Build strategic plans to grow our diverse talent pools, work with leaders to evaluate diversity on their teams and help your recruiters to expand beyond the normal channels to discover great candidates.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years experience in a recruiting role, preferably at a high-growth, technology (software) SaaS companies; experience leading a team & experience leading managers.
- Experience directly supporting senior leaders (VPs and GMs), hiring managers and teams.
- Comfortable with simultaneously managing thorough reporting and analysis, people management, client support and organization wide hiring across multiple teams.
- Ability to partner with peers and leaders in other locations to facilitate delivery of the global recruiting plan.
- Experience maintaining a broad perspective and ensuring global priorities are met with local integrity.
This role will be based remotely in the US.
Some travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $137,100 - $201,080
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.