Technical Support Engineer - Voice
at Twilio (View all jobs)
Singapore or Japan
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our APAC Voice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a proven record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, and the development of web and mobile applications.
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software and telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets. Able to work standard APAC working hours and a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years industry experience in a similar role).
- Native or business-level proficiency in Japanese is required for this role.
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of Twilio and help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, and SIP trunks, as well as carrier and VOIP connections. Surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- BE AN OWNER: Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, and application code.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe in order to improve our support process.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
Twilio’s platform empowers the world’s developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Whether you work remotely or at Twilio HQ in San Francisco, you will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience, is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.