Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our Voice Intelligence team. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design lovable products for customers. The ideal candidate will be a vocal and committed advocate for our customers, taking a holistic, human-centered approach to making the content of voice calls useful and available across interactions and products.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Has experience designing and evolving complex application software in a fast-past environment.
- Has 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- An ideal candidate has experience working with API first products and AI, Machine Learning and automation experience.
As a Designer on the Voice team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes + Write it Down: Engage with our product partners to understand customer needs, design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Contribute to advancing the vision of Voice Intelligence by designing lovable solutions for our customers. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently.
- Don’t Settle + Empower Others: Collaborate with other Product Designers, providing constructive, and motivating feedback that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Coach junior designers across the Voice team and contribute to the success of the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Voice is one of the largest business units in Twilio, providing a high value channel that enables direct human connection through reliable connectivity anywhere in the world. We are at the forefront of innovation in the real-time communications industry powering solutions at thousands of companies such as Uber, Zendesk, Morgan Stanley, and Netflix. Voice Intelligence leads the next generation of Twilio products by providing new ways of making the content of voice calls useful and actionable for customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the experience that allows our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is a remote role, ideally based out of Madrid.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.