Staff, Product Designer - Enterprise
[Remote, US] (L4)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our UX organization and lead the design of customer experiences for our Enterprise customers.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences and tools that enable our Enterprise customers to manage the end to end customer journey from onboarding, build, launch, operate and scale.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, testing, iteration, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Has experience in designing complex systems that scale, operating models and consistent design tooling across matrixed teams designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Has experience driving strategy and vision, shepherding throughout the product life cycle across multiple teams and partners.
- Can collaborate with product managers to explore problems and identify high-impact opportunities for the business.
- Can ideate and validate solutions based on user research, quantitative and qualitative data and analytics, with first-hand experience in conducting discovery and research methodologies.
- Can make informed decisions amid ambiguous situations while considering the goals, constraints, and risks.
- Readily applies design thinking methodologies to drive alignment across different teams and partners.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Human Factors, Information Science, Computer Science, or Psychology.
As a Designer on the Enterprise team, you will live our Magic Values, and be able to:
- Be an Owner: Advance the user experience for Enterprise customer journey touchpoints including the Twilio Console experience and internal systems and tools.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Write it Down: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans & Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. The UX organization plays a critical role in designing the experience that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers and researchers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
The Enterprise team’s mission is to enable our Mid size and Enterprise customs to achieve their full potential and scale rapidly by providing a platform they can trust. As a designer on this diverse team you’ll discover and deliver improvements to our industry leading Customer Engagement platform. Some exciting areas of this team’s charter include Proactive Insights, Enterprise dashboards and Enterprise Security features
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located near any of Twilio’s US-based offices, or remote in the US . Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones.
No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small taeams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320- $181,940
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.