See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next DATA QUALITY ANALYST
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to examine complex communications data and turn it into information by evaluating whether each case is associated with any Fraud or Abuse activity.
As a Data Quality Analyst, you will work closely with Data Scientists and Engineers on the Consumer Trust team to help build solutions that prevent fraud and abuse, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications.
In this role, you will:
- Work with technical and operational subject matter experts to understand and analyse data about Communications Fraud detection and prevention systems as well as processes.
- Perform data cleansing - identify, assess and resolve any data quality issues.
- Perform data labelling - evaluate data records per the guidelines/run-books and tag records with appropriate labels.
- Judge the output of different machine learning models and measure accuracy of these models.
- Conduct data analysis from time to time and present findings through histograms, graphs, or charts. Eg. Identifying the number of languages present in a given dataset with frequency distribution.
- Manage documentation related to data quality (data standards, definitions, DQA documents such as checklists, run-books, guidelines, manuals, etc.)
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 1+ years of data cleaning experience working closely with the data science team. Ability to classify information from noisy data.
- Ability to review, analyse and manage large volumes of data
- Outstanding attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services), Excel Sheets, MySQL.
- Familiarity with any one of the Data Visualization tools like PowerBI, Grafana, Tableau, etc.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team. Ability to collaborate with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Advanced Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.) or google sheets experience desired.
- Knowledge of Python and R code is a plus.
- Hands on experience of SQL/ETL is a plus
This role will be based in our Bangalore, India office. Approximately <10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.