See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Database Engineering -Staff Software Engineer - L4
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build and operate database services for our mail pipeline. We do this by leveraging technologies like MySQL, Chef, HAProxy, etc. We are looking to grow the team to help support and scale existing offerings and create new offerings through tooling and automation.
Our team manages the database lifecycle for some very large databases that are essential for Twilio mail pipeline. This role is to help us scale our offerings through automation, build tools and create Database as a Service using API and a graphical user interface.
In this role, you’ll:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Develop tools to deploy, configure, and operate relational databases in a large-scale environment
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- BE AN OWNER: Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high standard of code quality
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues
- DRAW THE OWL: Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years of experience in your craft with demonstrated skill progression
- Full stack development and design experience
- Previous exposure to DevOps methodologies
- Proficiency in MySQL or PostgreSQL data stores
- Experience working with Agile processes
- Familiarity with Chef or similar automation tools
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or similar orchestration platforms
- Listen, present, and question effectively
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- A highly effective collaborator, you work with your team towards common goals
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with React and MaterialUI
- Experience with Dockers and Kubernetes
This role will be located in our Bengaluru, India office.