Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer for the Twilio Video team. Today the Twilio Video platform powers millions of video experiences between users across the globe, on endpoints spanning all the modern browsers and mobile platforms. In this role you will build Android reference applications and libraries for Twilio Video platform to empower the 2M+ developers building video experiences of the future with Twilio.
Twilio is looking for an Android Video Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic, and also:
- You are an experienced Android developer, passionate about building quality software
- You are an Android expert with experience in writing mobile applications and libraries
- You are a champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development
- You are excited about the power of WebRTC and the future of real-time communications
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- You are passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done.
- Experience with Java Native Interface (JNI) and Android NDK
- Experience with real-time media technologies, live streaming, WebRTC
- Experience building open source software
- Experience with Google Firebase Test Lab
- iOS Development
Success in this role will mean:
- Demonstrating your skills in Kotlin, Java, and Twilio's Android SDKs to solve problems end-to-end
- Owning the design and development of significant new features/applications end-to-end
- Owning open-source repositories on Twilio Github and supporting developers community
- Keeping up-to-date with the Android ecosystem, and evolving our apps/SDKs accordingly
- Striving to continuously improve your team's standards and development standard methodologies.
- Shipping high quality code, with predictable velocity, on a regular cadence
- Working with Engineering, Product Management, UX design teams to influence the roadmap and charting technical work plans
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote within the US and the salary range depends on your location. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks